1.What is NoSQL?and Difference Between RDBMS and NoSQL Databases
What is NoSQL?and Difference Between RDBMS and NoSQL Databases
1.Not Only SQL (NoSQL) is a new set of database that is not based on the Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) principles.
2.NoSQL was introduced by Carl Strozzi in 1998 to name his file-based database.
3.NoSQL represents a group of products and a various related data concepts for storage and management of large data sets.
NoSQL databases can have some common set of features such as:
● Non-relational data model
● Runs well on clusters
● Mostly open source
● Build for new generation web applications
● Is schema-less
Difference Between RDBMS and NoSQL Databases
● Data stored in a relational model, with rows and columns
● Follows a fixed schema
● Supports vertical scaling
● Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability (ACID) compliant
● Data stored in a host of different databases—each with different data storage models
● Follows dynamic schemas
● Supports horizontal scaling
● Is not ACID complaint